Sunday, December 19, 2004

Seductive Barry

"Seductive Barry" by Ray Banks, Shred of Evidence, November 2004

This is a nasty little tale of revenge - even nastier than I first thought.

I read the story. The woman scorned. The hired muscle. The bait in the trap. It read easily. Like all of Mr. Banks’ stories the atmosphere and setting felt completely authentic. I got to the end. The victim died a horrible death. OK. I liked it.

Then my wife called me to dinner. Right in the middle of cutting a piece of pork chop - BAM! Right between the eyes with a 2x4. I was wrong. That one didn't do it, the other one did! Then, eeew. Then wow, how acrobatic! How did I miss that?

It was subtle. It was. Really.

OK, OK. The only excuse I have is the weather. It's cold today. I must have had my head up my ass for the warmth. But I wouldn't have changed a thing. In spite of feeling like a doofus, the ending, the real ending, was a real rush.

Thanks again, Mr. Banks. A lovely little story.

[I apologize for not having the direct link to the story, but for some reason I can't get to Shred this morning. I'll correct that as soon as I can.]

3 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Aldo said...

Bob,
Gotta agree here, Ray can put together a well written story and then pow.... I tend to print out these shorts and leave them around hotel pools, convention coffee shops, etc,. If you think the man can write a short, wait to you read his first novel, THE BIG BLIND, which I believe is now out. Ho, Ho, Ho for Ray!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Megan said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger ibrahim said...

Really trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading
Sesli sohbet Sesli chat
Seslisohbet Seslichat
Sesli sohbet siteleri Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli Chat
Sohbet Sesli siteler
Sohbet siteleri Chat siteleri
Sohbet merkezi chat merkezi
Sesli merkezi sesli Sohbet merkezi
Sesli chat merkezi Sohbetmerkezi
Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat
SesliSohbet Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli sohbet siteleri SesliChat
Sesli Sesli siteler
Seslimuhabbet sesli muhabbet
sesli sohbet sesli chat siteleri
sesli sohbet siteleri sesli chat
seslisohbet seslichat
seslikent sesli kent
sesli sohbet sesli sohbet siteleri
sesli chat sesli chat siteleri
seslisohbet seslichat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home