Friday, December 03, 2004

Introduction

I write short fiction and short non-fiction exclusively. I've published about 40 or 50 articles on various subjects and thirteen short stories, mostly in my Jack Brady series. (The most recent one may be found gracing the current issue of Thrilling Detective.)

I got to looking around the blogosphere the other day and discovered an interesting fact: I couldn't find any blogs that examined the short forms of writing exclusively. (I'm not saying there aren't any; I'm just saying I couldn't find any.) There are lots of blogs about writing in general, about mystery writing, science fiction, screen writing, TV writing, and non-fiction. Some of those mention the short forms now and then. Sarah Weinman, for instance, is very good about plugging the new issues of the mystery webzines. But there isn't anything about just the short forms.

So, I decided to do something about this perceived hole. This blog will consist exclusively of my thoughts about and reviews of short mystery fiction, short science fiction, and short non-fiction. I might throw in the occasional rant about incursions against the First Amendment. It just depends on how I feel that day.

So sit back and enjoy. And feel free to comment and tell me I'm out of my freakin' mind. I'm doing this in hopes I'll learn something to help my writing. I'll probably learn something from you.

7 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Graham said...

Great idea, Jack. I'm sure I'll become a regular reader, and equally sure that you will become a member of my blogroll.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Aldo said...

Bob, the blog is great. It will be fun to read your reviews of the stories after I have read the actual stories. Good to have you here!

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,
Nice blog site. Enjoyed the short story reviews.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to read the comment on "Cold Fire" and stayed to read all the others. Your comments are very objective, which I have noticed isn't always so with other editors/critics or whatever they are called. Others tend to make comments that tend to be coloured by the style they write, instead of reading the story in the author's style. Very refreshing and honest.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger ibrahim said...

Really trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading
Sesli sohbet Sesli chat
Seslisohbet Seslichat
Sesli sohbet siteleri Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli Chat
Sohbet Sesli siteler
Sohbet siteleri Chat siteleri
Sohbet merkezi chat merkezi
Sesli merkezi sesli Sohbet merkezi
Sesli chat merkezi Sohbetmerkezi
Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat
SesliSohbet Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli sohbet siteleri SesliChat
Sesli Sesli siteler
Seslimuhabbet sesli muhabbet
sesli sohbet sesli chat siteleri
sesli sohbet siteleri sesli chat
seslisohbet seslichat
seslikent sesli kent
sesli sohbet sesli sohbet siteleri
sesli chat sesli chat siteleri
seslisohbet seslichat

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Riyan Cilacap said...

Thank You Verry Much, Ijin nitip gan dan trimaksih atas infonya

Obat Sakit Kelamin De Nature
Pengobatan Kutil Kelamin
Cara Mengobati Kutil Kelamin
Kutil Kelamin
Obat Kutil Kelamin
Obat Condyloma
Obat Jengger Ayam
Obat Sipilis
Obat Gonore
Obat Raja Singa
Obat Kencing Nanah
Obat Chlamydia
Obat Herpes
Obat Herpes Genital
Obat Herpes Kelamin
Obat Herpes Zoster
Obat Herpes Badan
Obat Jengger Ayam
Obat Kutil Kelamin
Obat Kondiloma
Obat Condyloma Accuminata
Obat Jengger Ayam Pria Dan Wanita
Obat Kutil Kelamin Pada Pria Dan Wanita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home